- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
- NWF State College Energy Savings: Chalk up a million for good behavior
Northwest Florida State College Selects Slaton as new Vice President for Student Success
NICEVILLE, FL- Northwest Florida State College has selected Dr. Nathanial Slaton as the college’s new Vice-President for Student Success.
“Dr. Slaton is an authentic fit for NWF State College, and we are looking forward to having him join our team,” said Dr. Devin Stephenson, President. “Throughout his career, Dr. Slaton has made outstanding contributions in his roles in the area of student affairs. His measured success in student advocacy and development are the ideal qualities that we were looking for in a leader for our Student Affairs division.”
Dr. Slaton has over twelve years of experience in community colleges and higher education, and he will begin in his new role at NWF on August 15. In his current role as the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Chief Student Affairs Officer at West Kentucky Community & Technical College, he supervises Admissions, Adult Education, Advising, Assessment, Career Services, Records, Recruitment, Retention, Transfer Services, and Veterans Services.
He earned his Bachelor’s in English Education from the University of Evansville, his Master’s in Adult & Higher Education from Western Kentucky University, and his Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership with an emphasis in Business Management from the University of the Cumberlands.